I just came across the wishlist we made before we started talking to contractors and architects or the District of Maple Ridge. I have not edited it. Does it make any sense?
Bathroom Reno wishlist–June 2011
- more space
- more height
- deep tub in NE corner along east wall under the window OR…with heater to maintain water temperature and jets to circulate it
- shower pad next to the tub on the north wall—pebble tiles?
- same toilet in same location
- move the north wall to be flush with the rest of the north exterior wall
- eliminate the linen cupboard.
- rebuild the bedroom cupboard walls (NW corner of bathroom)
o push the North closet wall approx. 9” north to line up with the shower
- vanity and sink on West wall close to present location
o same sink mounted on ‘antique’
- a tall linen cupboard on the West wall between the vanity and new closet wall
- tile or slate floor with radiant heating
- new subfloor
- drywall stripped off and water damage repaired if necessary
- ceiling raised as much as possible in a slope
- fan for ventilation
- grey water system to feed toilet from a rain barrel at the corner of the house
- new basement door
- height issues in the basement improved by new drain pipe configuration